Note to self: to replace the filter on a Dyson HP02:
- Turn off and unplug the Dyson HP02 unit.
- Remove the filter. Turn the base of the machine to access the filter. Then press the two buttons on the sides of the machine to release the filter.
- Clean or replace the filter. You can wash the filter with cold water. Do not use detergent or soap. Rinse the filter under the water until it’s clean and then let it dry for at least 24 hours in a warm place. It’s important that it’s completely dry before you put it back into the machine. If the filter is too dirty or damaged, it might be best to replace it with a new one.
- Replace the filter. Once the filter is completely dry, place it back in the machine. It should click into place.
- Reset the filter indicator. Plug in and turn on your device. Hold down the ‘standby ON/OFF’ button for 6 seconds on the remote to reset the filter indicator.
Note: you hold down the button on the *remote* not on the unit itself.