I’m upgrading my Ubuntu from 20.04 to 22.04 and having a problem because the python-subversion package has been removed. I have asked a question about this over here, so hopefully I can get a resolution.
So I was having an issue with ViewVC wherein UTF-8 content (a copyright symbol) was being garbled in the web browser.
I chased a number of red herrings (Content-Type headers, http-equiv, XHTML vs HTML5) but eventually found the culprit in the viewvc.conf settings.
I needed to change the ‘detect_encoding’ setting from ‘1’ to ‘0’. Once that was done my content was presented correctly:
## detect_encoding: Should we attempt to detect versioned file ## character encodings? [Requires 'chardet' module, and is currently ## used only by the syntax coloration logic -- if enabled -- for the ## 'markup' and 'annotate' views; see 'enable_syntax_coloration'.] ## # 2019-06-02 jj5 - OLD: this was bollocksing things up... #detect_encoding = 1 # 2019-06-02 jj5 - NEW: so I changed it... detect_encoding = 0 # 2019-06-02 jj5 - END
The pretty printing for my *.cs-script files (which are C# files) in ViewVC was really ugly and wrong. I needed to configure the MIME type for *.cs-script files. I edited the mimetypes.conf file and added:
There’s been news every day for a while now. Not too shabby. Today’s news is that ViewVC (aka: Pcview) has been installed and configured on charity.progclub.org. That means that now pcrepo can be browsed online. Comes complete with support for syntax highlighting and line-numbers (courtesy of the ‘highlight’ package, couldn’t get enscript to work for PHP) and a proper logo with a link back to the wiki. That’s five completed projects now! Go school!