Over here I asked about the measurements I was getting when I tried to measure the input impedance of my scope with my multimeter.
I was getting a reading I didn’t expect or understand, but that turned out to be because of a dud BNC to banana adapter that I was using.
For some reason this adapter had either a 1.5 MΩ or a 6 MΩ resistance across it. It would change from time to time when I plugged in banana plugs. Weird. I can only assume some sort of manufacturing problem.
I threw the adapter in the bin and measured again with functional equipment and got the reading of 1 MΩ that I was expecting.